Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Remodeling time!


Wonder where I have been? Now you can see for yourself! I, as in my husband and I, have been very hard at work on our dining room. We put down the flooring, which is amazing. It is the biggest change from carpet. I feel like we can breathe so much better. We also painted the walls this wonderful new color. It is called baked clay. I think that is a very good choice for the name of the paint! It is very warm and adds a nice vibe to the look and feel of the room and our house. I'm happier than I thought I would be with it. I was going to do a very trendy green, but the husband persuaded me to this color. I think Ill do the kitchen in my green shade.
I am going to be recovering my chairs, one day. I need to go choose some fabric. I'm not so sure what way to go with it though. I was thinking a deep brown, but i have lots of black accents. Black might be the way to go? We will see. You never know what can happen when I get into a fabric store! HA HA!
The artwork is provided by my ten year old daughter. My dad found me a bunch of frames at a garage sale a few years back. I painted two of them black and framed my girl's art. It looks very fun and matches perfectly! Plus it is totally cheap. You all should try to frame some of your loved ones art work. You wouldn't believe how fancy a child's painting can become when placed in the right frame. I think she loves seeing her work on the wall for all who enter to admire.
I hope to be able to work on some valentines gift for the girls tomorrow. I will try to post the finished products. I hope you are all hard at work on your valentines gifts! It is my favorite holiday to make crafts. Happy preValentines day!

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks amazing! What a huge difference from the red, hey? It's much more open. Well done!

    ReplyDelete